A Linux Administrator is needed immediately to join a strong team responsible for configuring and administering Linux servers and Linux server applications and services.
Requirements: • Strong experience with Unix/Linux distributions, especially CentOS and Slackware.
• Experience installing, configuring, managing and monitoring LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) framework.
• Experience installing, configuring, managing and monitoring Postfix mail server (which is built on sendmail)
• Experience installing, configuring, managing and monitoring DNS (BIND) – with solid understanding of setting up zone files and DNS records.
• Experience installing, configuring, managing and monitoring source control database SVN (SubVersion).
• Experience securing and performance optimization of Linux based servers.
• Experience with Systems Development Life Cycle in light of systems deployment on development, staging and production server environments.
• Understanding of high-transaction, high volume traffic websites and its impact on server performance.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and brainstorm with other developers/senior developers and managers on ideas, work flow and new technologies.
• At least 1-2 years of extensive Linux server administration experience required.
• Produce detailed design specifications of server configurations and user permissions on running applications and services.
• Help gather and provide input to assist in overall team process improvement and product design stability.
• Properly track issues and resolutions in relation to the development effort.
• Communicate and document project/server environment status to management and client.
• This job is 100% hands on Server administration, configuration and management.
• This person must be very competent and comfortable in a day to day server administrative role, with a team player attitude.
• Work with Project Manager and business owners to refine and clarify project requirements.
• Work with Project Manager to help manage projects and systems and fulfill assigned tasks on time.
• Linux Server configuration, security, management and administration.
• Bash script programming.
• Linux Server applications integration
Please send your CV/Resume clearly stating "Linux Server Administrator" in subject line to email@example.com - Thank you!